Sunday, August 3, 2008

Subscribe to New Posts

I think that there may always have been a little tiny, nondescript link at the very bottom of my blog that people could click to subscribe to my blog and receive an email when I make a new post, but to be honest, the Live Bookmark thing doesn't make much sense to me, so I don't see how anyone who isn't completely computer savvy would see and understand it.

I would like people to be able to easily subscribe to my posts if they find my blog interesting and useful, but wasn't sure what to do to make it simple and user-friendly. The other day, I ran across someone's blogger page, and they had in the side column something that looked exactly like what I was going for. So I came back here to my own blog and popped up the "add a page element" box and sure enough there was an easy-to-add subscription element.

So I now have over on the right, just under my About Me box, two subscription links. One to Posts and one to All Comments. I've tried to figure out exactly how it all works, but I'm not sure that I understand it. It seems that you need to have some kind of blog reading page set up already, rather than just receiving a simple email. So, in that respect, it isn't the instant fix that I was hoping for, however perhaps someone who reads this post will understand more and can explain it as a comment.

And for those who do understand it, I hope that you will subscribe to this blog and enjoy many more posts to come. :)

No comments: